Main Title : Is Loving God Enough?




By Pastor Michael Magbag

Scripture :

Mark 12:30-31
New International Version (NIV)

30 Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’[a] 31 The second is this: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] There is no commandment greater than these.”

It is good to do a little soul-searching at times. Life goes on, we go on with our daily routine, and sometimes we are off track. But we don’t see it till we look up and notice that the scenery has changed - and we wonder how we got here!

Why do we get off track? I have concluded that it’s because of a subtle self-deception. It’s an assumption that if I am sincere, then I am right. But sincerity is not a guarantee of anything. If I am sincerely wrong about my relationship with God, where will that deception take me?

I am required to love God. But this love should be more than an emotion. My love for God should affect my choices, my decisions, my direction. Loving God does not mean I am perfect, but at the root of that love is a passion to obey God, to do what God wants with my life. Love is followed by obedience and commitment.

This is what keeps me on track. This is what pleases Him. My sincerity in loving Him is a safeguard for my life, because it leads me to obedience.



Comments

Popular Posts