Main Title : The Cross You Bear





By Pastor Michael Magbag

Scripture :

Matthew 16:24-26
New International Version (NIV)

24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life[a] will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?


A young man was at the end of his rope. Seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer. "Lord, I can't go on," he said. "I have too heavy a cross to bear."

The Lord replied, "My son, if you can't bear its weight, just place your cross inside this room. Then open that other door and pick out any cross you wish."

The man was filled with relief and said, "Thank you Lord!" and laid his cross down.

Upon entering the other room, he saw many crosses. Some were so huge the tops were not visible. Some were thick and obviously heavy. Some had sharp edges and some were hideously ugly.

The young man felt hopeless as he searched for a cross to fit him. Then he spotted a beautiful little cross leaning against a far wall.

"I'd like that one, Lord," he whispered.

The Lord replied, "My son, that is the cross you just brought in!"

When life's problems seem overwhelming, it helps to look around and see what other people are coping with. You are far more fortunate than you imagined.

The cross He has given you fits you best


Comments

Popular Posts