Main Title : Defining Maturity In 8 Words






By Pastor Michael Magbag

Questions:

Are you already a Mature ?

I'm not only talking about maturity about your age, behavior or emotionally mature but spiritually mature.

Scripture:

Love Is the Greatest

13 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it;[a] but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.
4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

8 Prophecy and speaking in unknown languages[b] and special knowledge will become useless. But love will last forever! 9 Now our knowledge is partial and incomplete, and even the gift of prophecy reveals only part of the whole picture! 10 But when the time of perfection comes, these partial things will become useless.

11 When I was a child, I spoke and thought and reasoned as a child. But when I grew up, I put away childish things. - 1 Corinthians 13 : 1 - 11

What Is Maturity?

Age
Grown Up
Mature


- Are not the same thing

- Foolishness has never been restricted to the young it means that even adult can be immature as well.

- Maturity really involves a lot of pain !!!

What Is Spiritual Maturity?

- Spiritual maturity is a process that begins when a person accepts Jesus Christ as Savior. ... The Apostle Paul said that spiritual growth is an ongoing process. ...Spiritual maturity is learning how to walk in obedience to God.

Maturity In 8 Words:

1. Long Ter"M" Relationship:

- Long term are costly to the emotions , the mind and the soul.

2. Expresses Gr"A"titude:

- if there is anything you must be consistent at , its gratitude.

3. Not affected by Flat"T"ery

- Flattery and Criticism are the twins and sisters of deception..

4. Demonstrates H"U"mility

- A wise person is Humble and other oriented.

Scripture :

Philippians 4:13
New International Version (NIV)


13 I can do all this through him who gives me strength.

"In Christian World Its OK To Have Challenges But Were Should Not Have Any Competition"

5. Makes Cha"R"acter Decisions

6. " I"nterested In Others

You don't focus on making others happy . That's a nightmare

You focus on serving others in the "Spirit of Christ"

7. "T"rust Wisdom

- Wisdom must be sought and trusted.

Scripture :

James 1:5
New International Version (NIV)

If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you.

8 Eternit"Y" Focused

- The wise person is focused on eternity.

- Your eternal destiny is base upon choices you make here and now.

8 words... 8 decisions ... all for one cause - to become mature.

Spiritual and Emotional maturity doesn't just happen. It requires some good choices . The development of Christlike character and behavior will come by a renewed mind and tested faith.
The Lord Jesus has you on a track today to maturity. Who you will become may sound overwhelming at this moment , but He is working backwards.

He sees the Future!!!

The Lied Jesus has you on track of your maturity today and tomorrow...

Question:

Are you cooperating?

Are you making Christ Centered choices?

Comments

Popular Posts