Main Title: Grace For Today





By Pastor Michael Magbag

Scripture:

2 Corinthians 12:9
New International Version (NIV)


9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

“Don’t worry.” Well, that’s easier said than done. Who doesn’t worry, at least some time? I’ve worried some over the years, sometimes about things that really didn’t matter. At other times, it was things that turned out better than expected.

Some people are bothered by worry more than others. Irresponsible people may not worry because they think someone else will take care of it. On the other hand, there are those of us who feel responsible for everything and everyone. They worry, and possibly to much.

The problem with worry is often a basic issue of trust. Can God be trusted? Our head says, “Yes.” Our heart says, “No.” Emotions often work against our head. Common sense says, “It will all work out.” The heart feels pain, concern or fear.

There is grace for today. That’s what God has promised. No grace for tomorrow until tomorrow. God will help me today for today and he will help me tomorrow for tomorrow. It is an issue of trust.

George MacDonald wrote:

It has been well said that no man ever sank under the burden of the day. It is when tomorrow's burden is added to the burden of today that the weight is more than a man can bear. Never load yourselves so, my friends. If you find yourselves so loaded, at least remember this: it is your own doing, not God's. He begs you to leave the future to Him and mind the present.

Comments

Popular Posts