Main Title: Encouragement




By Pastor Michael Magbag

Scripture:

1 Thessalonians 5:11
New International Version (NIV)


11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

Several years ago, my friend Rev. Harold McLeod spoke in our Sunday Service and was a real encouragement to us. It was timely. We were about to enter a real step of faith as a fellowship. At that time, we were about to buy and move into our own facility.

The project was overwhelming, taking much faith and hard work. But as God always does, He sent someone to encourage our faith. We were encouraged to speak what we believed, to speak to the mountains to be moved, to declare what God had promised us as a church body. And we did! And it happened!

A word of faith can change a circumstance- because spoken faith is real faith. Faith that is never expressed is not faith. Faith that speaks out is real faith. When we speak what we believe we are stepping out of the boat as Peter did. We rely on the Lord Jesus to hold us up.

If you are really down and depressed with life, examine your words. Are you expressing your negative feelings or your faith?


I lay in bed one day this week and many thoughts poured through my mind. Some were not so good. I began to think about problems and I felt those familiar feelings of discouragement that I have felt from time to time. 

But I didn’t allow myself to go there. I didn’t let those thoughts run my mind. I decided to change my thinking to agree with what I believe. I began to think my faith and not think my feelings. I fell asleep in minutes, very peaceful because my mind was on God. 

Be encouraged to think and speak your faith. God will never let you down.

Comments

Popular Posts