Main Title : A Broken Cellphone




By Pastor Michael Magbag

Scripture:

Psalm 86:10-12
New International Version (NIV)

10 For you are great and do marvelous deeds; you alone are God.
11 Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.
12 I will praise you, Lord my God, with all my heart; I will glorify your name forever.

Several years ago, my cellphone broke. This was a major crisis, because I had learned to depend on my cellphone. Suddenly, I felt disoriented, lost and disconnected. Without the instant back-and-forth of messaging and texts, and without the ability to immediately connect with family and friends, I was at a loss as to how to relate to my world.

My trip in Abra is marked with text messages from home. It keeps me connected. I confess that I am dependent on my phone, and when I misplace it, I sort of panic. Can you relate to this?? 

Dependencies are learned, whether that dependency be on a cellphone or something else. Who or what do we depend on?

The Bible teaches we should trust God, rely upon Him, commit our ways to Him, seek Him, speak to Him – in other words, live in connection with Him. This would be a good dependency. 

Could we learn to be more dependent on God? Could I practice such common communication with God that to be out of touch with Him would make me feel lost, disoriented, disconnected?

When my cellphone broke, I felt a momentary crisis. But actually, the crisis of our lives is really that we are often out of touch with God. Time to buy a new spiritual cellphone!!!
What are you depending on?

Comments

Popular Posts