Main Title : Your Mission





By : Pastor Michael Magbag

Scripture:

Matthew 28:18-20
New International Version (NIV)


18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

Do you and I have a mission in life?

Mission is somewhat different than destiny. A mission may be fulfilled even if a destiny isn’t. We talk about “destiny”, and some folks think destiny that is unalterable. “It is the will of God,” they say, “and nothing can change that.” That sounds very fatalistic to me.
 
I am more realistic, believing that God has a purpose for my life that must be pursued. I believe that God’s will is good if I will cooperate and work with God.

So what is my mission in life?

The word “mission” means my assignment or my responsibility. We live in a very irresponsible world where no one seems to want to be responsible for anything. People are often selfish. “Not my monkeys, not my circus!” is something I’ve heard people say. In other words, “This isn’t my problem.”

But it is. Pollution. Garbage on the streets. Hungry people that need food and Jesus. Homeless people. Jobless people. Even the traffic is our problem. We are responsible to take care of people, our cities, our planet.

We do have a mission. It is clearly defined in Matthew 28. We call it “The Great Com-MISSION.”

Jesus gave us this charge: “God authorized and commanded me to commission you: Go out and train everyone you meet, far and near, in this way of life, marking them by baptism in the threefold name: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Then instruct them in the practice of all I have commanded you. I’ll be with you as you do this, day after day after day, right up to the end of the age.”

We have a responsibility and an assignment to spread the gospel in this world. This is not a command of convenience or gifting. Nor is it fatalistic “destiny.” It is the very words of Jesus to each and every one of us. We are Jesus’ representatives. We are responsible to change things right where we are by living like Him and by doing what He would do.

Sharing our faith is not an option. Some day HE will ask us if we did - and if not, why not? My destiny may not be accomplished if I refuse to cooperate with God. But God will hold me accountable for fulfilling my MISSION 

Comments

Popular Posts