Main Title :Come Here





By Pastor Michael Magbag

Courtesy Of Pastor Dennis Heppner

Scripture:

Isaiah 30:15
New International Version (NIV)

15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:

“In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it.

My children have all been the same in some ways. Certain human characteristics have not escaped any of them.

Independence showed up early in my kids. They all wanted to assert their own wills and their own personalities in their own time.

Sometimes it could come about in the simplest way. Here’s a scenario. We are about to go out. The little one must put on his shoes. It is for his own good that he wears shoes outside, but listen to the conversation.

“Come here, son.” 

“No.” 

“I just want to put your shoes on.” 

“No.”

"Why not?”

“I don’t want to.”

It’s just no. Do we ever say “no” to our Father?

Has it become a habit for us to go against what God says simply because we want certain things to happen on our own terms? Do we quite willingly bring our lives before Jesus and let Him help us? Or are we sometimes like my small children who were too stubborn at times to know that what I wanted was only for their good?

Jesus still says, “Come to me and I will give you rest.” God’s wisdom and ways is always the best. The way God operates is not only to lift the momentary burden, but to draw us to Him in a trusting relationship. Will you say yes...or no?

Comments

Popular Posts