Main Title : Leaders's Commitment



By Pastor Michael Magbag

As a Christian Pastor , I declare that :

I am a Christian saved from sin and death by faith in Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, through his death and resurrection , by which I am assured of eternal life.

Scripture :

John 3:16-18 

New International Version (NIV)

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned,but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Romans 3:23-26 

New International Version (NIV)

23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus. 25 God presented Christ as a sacrifice of atonement,[a] through the shedding of his blood—to be received by faith. He did this to demonstrate his righteousness, because in his forbearance he had left the sins committed beforehand unpunished 26 he did it to demonstrate his righteousness at the present time, so as to be just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus.
- I believe Jesus is exactly who he claims to be .
(Isaiah 53:6,, Matthew 26: 64,, Mark 14:62,, Luke 22:70,, John 4:25-26)
- I have repented of my sins and have been made a new creation in Christ)
(1 John 1:19,, 2 Corinthians 5:17)
- In obedience to Scripture , I have been baptized to personally identify with death , burial and resurrection of Jesus, and to publicly demonstrate my commitment as a disciple of Jesus
(Colossians 2:12 ,, 1 Peter 3:21)
As a pastor , I commit myself to live as a Christian and practice my faith in the following areas .

1. I commit to live a consistent Christian life.

- I will glorify God in all I do inside and outside the church. I will allow God to mold in me the character of Jesus Christ.
a. I commit to maintain a consistent devotional life.
b. I will be truthful.
c. I will uphold Christian values in my household

2. I commit to live a morally pure lifestyle , inside and outside the church . 

- I will remember that I bear the name of Christ wherever I go.
a. I will flee sexual immorality 
b. I will turn away from sinful and questionable habits.
c. I will be pure in my speech.

3. I will commit to be an active member of the church.

a. I commit to be actively involved in encouraging and disciplining people to follow Christ.
b. I will attend one Sunday service every week.
c. I commit to be a regular , active member of a Bible Study Group.
d. I commit to attend leader's meetings, training's, prayer meetings and church activities.
e. I will make every effort to maintain harmonious relationships with people , especially with my brothers and sisters in Christ.
f. I commit to submit to spiritual authority.
g. I commit to be diligent in my preparation for my assigned ministry.

4. I will be a good steward and manage my finances wisely.

I will commit to tithe regularly . I will practice financial integrity by paying my debts and holding a good reputation financially.

5. I will be responsible in the use of social media, online games and online communities.

I understand that I am making a commitment to the Lord , to my brothers and sisters , and to myself . I am first and foremost a servant, before I am a pastor.
With God's grace , I will do my very best to fulfill all my responsibilities as a pastor. So Swear To GoD....


Comments

Popular Posts